Tuesday 19 July 2016

My fine Dining Experience

        


                 A Night of fine dining in picturesque Baltimore


My dinner date with my dear friends started in no where else other than one of my favourite boutiques Fiona's  the place in which I grew from a young lady to a mature women 
It had been almost four months since I had seen my former workmates so the ambiance started in the much loved boutique I once worked in for so many delightful years. 
As I passed through Leap a little village just outside Skibbereen the  Excitement of seeing my good friends arose from with in me.
Feeling nervous excited and slightly butterflyish I pulled in to powder my nose spray some perfume change into my glamorous skyscraper sandals  and make myself look presentable for my beloved second family. 
Sitting in my new to me mobile I felt a sense of glee at meeting the girls. Nothing could prepare me for the glamourous night of fine dining which lay ahead 
One by one the girls arrived , it was as if we'd never been apart .we started our night off with champagne in posh wine glasses and giggled and chatted like old school friends. 
As our evening closed in we set off chauffeur driven by the gent that is Mike to the secret destination which turned out to be the Mews  Restauraunt in Baltimore 
I had heard exquisite reports about this hidden little Restauraunt but had no idea what to expect 
On arrival we were greeted by a handsome bearded young chap who made us feel like we had just popped out of a film set. He was dressed to perfection and was very well spoken  
We were shown to our table with the lingering aromas of food surrounding us instantly tickling our tastebuds and wetting our palettes 
 There was no fuss knifes and forks , simple wine glasses and a simple page of  the local ingredients which we were about to be treated to 
Our wine glasses were poured and soon after our first dish arrived . It was different to the norm  a plate was placed centre stage in the middle of the table in which we all helped ourselves from The first dish replicated round croquettes .We were introduced to the ingredients told of its origin  and how it was made , this was the case with all the dishes.Being a local it made it all so exciting knowing the origin and history of the food 
Going by the name of the first dishes key ingredient Gubbeen  pork Fat you may think oh dear wheres my napkin ,  but on the first bite the taste of complete  luxury and perfection set the high barr for every other course that was to come . 
Moving on course by course we enjoyed marvellous local fresh  ingredients such as Hake, Wild Garlic ,Tarragon,Nasturtium, Lobster,Fennel, Cod,Barley,Duck,Green Beans,Honey,Guinness toast ,black currants ,raspberries and much much more 
Every dish was unique to anything I have ever put in my mouth before  , I have never quiet tasted such a bland of ingredients which worked all so perfect together ,
Mid way through our courses we received the main dish which was duck , the succulent melt in your mouth dish was to die for .Throughout the meal there was no salt no pepper no seasoning simply because you didn't need anything.It was perfect as it was .Everything was tenderised and cooked to perfection Leaving everlasting impressions of the meal and the experience 
As we Caught up we we're serenaded by the sound of easy to listen to  go with the flow music.The final course was round sugar coated warm doughnuts and mini cheesecakes , fresh Mary stouts black currents and union hall rasberries. It was the perfect ending to an exquisite meal. The meal ended with 5 very happy ladies sipping on tea and uuuuuhhiinngg and aaaahhhiing about what an amazing night was had. From start to finish the Mews was an experience fit for a King and queen. I have found a new appreciation for food since my night at the mews .Anybody who is a food lover and enjoys fine wines I would highly recommend this experience . Five Stars all the way 
It was surely a night I will never forget 



No comments:

Post a Comment